Thursday, December 15, 2011

Accepted!

I got a letter 2 days ago. Above my name was a little blue sticker with white letters. "BY AIR MAIL par avion" it said. Immediately I knew where it was from. There is only one place I expect to get mail from overseas. I ripped it open as soon as I could. I unfolded the letter and the Capernwray Bible School logo was on the top of the page. I skipped over the first part with my name, the date, etc. and quickly began reading the body of the letter.
"Dear Alyssa, We are pleased to inform you that your application to attend the One Year Course course at Capernwray Hall, England, from September 29, 2012 to June 14, 2013, has been accepted in accordance with the general Conditions of Enrollments."
My mom, dad and Tessa were all sitting around the table in anticipation as my eyes scanned the page. I then read that first sentence out loud. It was followed by a squeal from my mom (and multiple following that). I was soon pleased to discover a handwritten note from the registrar, something I didn't receive upon the event of my acceptance last year (which I turned down due to lack of funds). She and I had been emailing back and forth here and there over the past year or two as she answered my many questions. Her note was one of encouragement in my acceptance and letting me know that they will be praying for me. It made me smile.
I returned my attention to the letter and I began to read through the whole letter, forcing myself to pay attention to what I was reading over the excitement I was feeling. As I read, the reality that I am going set in a little bit. I cannot wait to see what God has for me there. The friendships, the teaching, the growth, the adventure. I am looking forward to it all.
I of course immediately posted on facebook that I was accepted and because of that, I received so much encouragement from people who have blessed me over the years. I know that I have a huge family and I will be well supported by love and prayers.
If God so desires, He will still do a lot in and through me before I leave so, as someone prayed for me just yesterday, I need to be careful that in the midst of this exciting time and looking forward to going to Capernwray, I need to be present in the present. I need to be present in relationships and in this place God has so generously placed me in.

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
Psalm 28:7



No comments:

Post a Comment