I can tell that I am over jet lag by now because this week it was a lot harder to wake up in the mornings! I am back to my normal tired state and the "honeymoon" stage (as one of the staff called it) is beginning to wear off as we approach our 3rd week here at Capernwray. I still meet new people every day and there are still faces that I will see and not recognize at all. We are settling into a routine here and it was interesting having our first "normal" week in studies and assignments. Yesterday we had our first quiz which consisted of the order and events of the Old and New Testaments as well as why and how the Bible was written. We haven't received them back yet, but I think that I did well. I spent the better part of the afternoon studying for it, anyway.
Our lectures have been very interesting and I enjoy them very much.We have learned various things including a summary of the Old Testament (complete with motions and key words), an introduction to the Bible, a study of people in the New Testament who experienced an encounter or friendship with Jesus and how it affected their lives, prayer, and outreach. I have been loving it, despite the complaints of some people about certain things. I have worked so hard to be able to come here and have been soaking up every minute of it. Speaking of outreach, for this term I have been assigned as the group leader to a local youth group on several Friday nights. I'm not completely sure what that consists of yet, but I was kind of hoping I would get something involving youth group because I really miss the students at Harvest back home. I think about them every day. Also at some point we will do a 10-day outreach, either in Great Britain or Kenya. The Kenya trip requires an application process and extra cost (of which I'm not sure how much it is yet), but it would be awesome to be able to go there. More information to come!
My mind is drawing a blank at what else to write at the moment, but hopefully I will write more soon!
Hi Alyssa! I finally got your blog and am so excited to read and see pictures of you at Capernwray! Your blog is great and I look forward to reading and hearing more of what you are experiencing. I hope your tummy is getting better. I always experienced such things from excitement and anticipation. I hope that is all it is. Miss you, but know you are in a special place. By the way, Andy was 4 years old the year I was there in 1967 and 1968. Hugs, Dianne Zollo
ReplyDeleteIt's me again. I spent Spring School, staying in the room above the arch. It was a fun room and we got into mischief at times throwing pitchers of water down on people going through the arch. (it was Spring and much warmer). I think my room for Winter was room 3. It was a huge room and I had 12 roommates. It was above the parlor. I think Mrs. Thomas said it had been divided into 2 rooms a few years ago. We had a wonderful view into the garden. I am just loving that you are there!!!!! Hugs, Dianne
ReplyDelete