Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When you're going through hail, just keep on going...


Written November 2...

At about 7 this morning when the sun was still rising, all of a sudden it started hailing outside! So I looked out my window and sure enough, it was coming down hard and fast. (Those poor sheep got pelted with hail.) I watched the hail for a minute and then I noticed that in the sky there was a bit of blue not too far off. And not only that, but I could also see a cloud lined with pink and orange, displaying the colours of the sunrise. I then looked at the clouds that were pouring the hail out on the castle. They were actually moving quite quickly and soon enough, the blue sky would show through.

Watching this just made me think of how so often when we are on the ground in the middle of a storm, all we can focus on is what is going on around us—we are pelted with all kinds of things. But what we often forget or don’t realize is the big picture...that just beyond the gray clouds is a glorious and beautiful plan of God’s. He may not always protect us from the hail, but He loves us deeply and will stand in it with us, looking toward the horizon with the hope of seeing Him in all His glorious splendour, knowing that better days are coming.

The hail had stopped by the time I made my way to breakfast half an hour later. As I sat eating my yogurt and muesli, I gazed out the window at the serene, recently dampened castle. The colours were so vivid, as they often are just after sunrise, and brilliantly emphasized the colours of the castle and the fall trees surrounding it. It was absolutely gorgeous. I would have taken a picture to share with you, but my camera is packed and ready for my trip to Edinburgh.  So use your best imagination!

P.S. I will soon update you on how my trip to Scotland was! 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the green there! Those poor sheep! Dianne

    ReplyDelete